Warranty & Limitations
Danna Pools Inc. provides you with the strongest structural guarantee in the swimming pool industry. We are confident in the product we build and we offer a warranty that backs up our confidence. You should always ask for and compare warranties when requesting estimates from builders. You should also remember that a warranty is only as good as the company that issues it. Danna Pools Inc. has been building pools since 1991. We build our pools to last, and we will be here to stand by your swimming pool in the future. Anyone can offer a “lifetime warranty” but you need to be certain that they will be around to honor that warranty if the need should ever arise.
This limited lifetime warranty shall be subject to the original buyer complying with the following conditions:
- The swimming pool shall be kept full of water at all times except for purpose of repair or maintenance not to exceed five days.
- The swimming pool shall be operated by the original buyer with reasonable care and necessary maintenance and in accordance with instruction manuals supplied by Danna Pools Inc.
- No work shall be done to the pool by any other pool company.
Materials, Workmanship, Concrete Shell, Equipment
- Danna Pools Inc. guarantees their work to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date said pool is filled with water. Danna Pools further warranties underground plumbing for ten (10) years and the shell of the pool for the lifetime of the pool (30 years). Danna Pools will, within said period, make the appropriate repairs with no cost to the owner, provided that said owner had complied fully with the warranty requirements, all contracts and any addendum including, but not limited to, payments and balances. Owner/representative must notify Danna Pools in writing (NO TEXTS OR EMAILS), within warranty period of any alleged defects &/or repairs needed.
- Danna Pools Inc. further warrants that the pool structure will remain structurally sound for the period of time that the pool is owned by the original owner. Tile, decking, planter walls, colors, plaster, plumbing, electrical, filter, heater, and other pool accessories are, by definition, not part of the pool structure. The term “structurally sound” means that the swimming pool is capable of retaining water and in the event of failure to do so Danna Pools Inc. will, within the stipulated period, repair the structure so that it will hold water.
- Equipment carries the warranty periods as expressed by each manufacture for their product. Manufactures samples may be available to assist owner in color, finish or texture between samples and the selected material installed.
- Walks and decking are not guaranteed or warranted against normal cracking, checking, raising, settling or discoloration, and plaster is not guaranteed or warranted against checking, cracking, mottling, discoloration or stains as such defects generally result from local water conditions, improper use of chemicals, or lack of or improper cleaning of the pool. Danna Pools proposes to take reasonable precautions to prevent airborne material from staining the plaster or paint during application, however, Danna Pools will not be responsible for minor imperfections or stains caused by variable weather conditions or exposure elements. If maintenance, service or warranty work is performed by anyone other than Danna Pools Inc., all warranties and guarantees will become null and void.
- Danna Pools Inc. also does not warranty any damages caused by acts of god or extreme weather. These types of claims must be brought to your primary insurance holder’s attention. If your insurance company is willing to provide Danna Pools Inc. with the necessary funds to perform the repairs, we will perform said repairs.
The warranties are effective only if owner(s) complied with all terms and conditions, monetary responsibilities, payments, and other provisions of the agreed upon contract. This warranty also become void as a result of any of the following conditions or events:
- The pool is not kept full of water except for short maintenances as authorized by Danna Pools Inc.
- Damage by the elements or Acts of God, War, Civil Disturbances, unusual abuse, neglect, incorrect operation or care of the pool or equipment including the use of manually fed gaseous chlorine from portable tanks as a pool water Sanitizer. This restriction does not apply to gaseous chlorine metered into the water by electronic means or chlorine generators.
- Damage caused by surface of subterranean drainage under or around the pool, earth fill movement or expansive soil, explosions and wrecking.
- Where owner has work performed by others, individuals or companies, that is not provided for in the contract, such as, but not limited to, electrical panel changes, landscaping and erection of fences and retaining walls. Danna Pools Inc. does not warrant such work, and Danna Pools Inc. shall not be held responsible if such work results in loss or damage to anything covered under this warranty.
- Addition or substitution of equipment not expressly authorized by Danna Pools Inc. which may affect the operation or designed use of the pool.
- To obtain performance the Owner should contact Danna Pools Inc. at 361 S. County Line Rd. Franklin Park, IL 60131, or telephone (630) 595-7665.
- The repair or replacement of non-pool structure items, or of the pool structure as provided shall constitute the sole and exclusive remedy if the Owner and the fulfillment of all Danna Pools Inc.’s liabilities under these warranties whether on warranty or contact or negligence. Danna Pools Inc. shall in no event be liable for incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or as the result of the use, repair or ownership of the pool.
- Danna Pools Inc. shall not be responsible for the replacement of water in the pool or chemicals used in treating said water or energy used to heat said water as a result of performing any work or service under this Limited Warranty
- In the event Danna Pools Inc. is requested to perform any work or service under this Limited Warranty, and a service representative is sent to the pool site and it is determined that no service is required by this warranty, then the Owner shall be responsible to pay to Danna Pools Inc. a reasonable service fee for any such service call.